The Definitive Guide to Create SEO Content that Ranks
Writing eye-catching SEO content is the most significant task to rank your website. Creating SEO content seems confusing and hard sometimes. But following proper rules, a beginner can also rank his writing. Well, I won’t give you any shortcut, because shortcut has shortcomings always. I will describe the important information, basic rules, tactics, and impermissible practices that must not be done. Let’s start.
What is SEO content
The word “SEO” content basically refers to creating content by following some process so that it can rank on Google.
Types of SEO content
Millions of contents are available on google. It’s quite hard to generalize them on a generic basis. I’ll divide them into 3 major parts mainly. These are the most popular as well.
- Article and Blog- Articles and blogs are the most practiced content. The most popular types of articles and blogs are :
- Short-form article- These articles provide short and effective descriptions.
- Long-form article- These articles are written to provide comprehensive ideas. Currently, you are reading a long-form article.
- Photo/Video- Visual content seems to be everywhere nowadays. The visual contents are eye-catching and it can easily create interest in customers. So the popularity of photo and video content is increasing nowadays.
- Data and Information- These contents are mainly research-based. Such contents are written for the people who look for genuine ideas that can help them to research anything. These contents are informative and useful for professional works basically.
Guidelines for Writing Quality Content that Ranks:
1. Keyword research
You may have heard about it if you are not a beginner. Keyword research is the most common but most important part of creating SEO content. If you can research properly, your writing will rank surely. Now the question is, is this a tough task that cannot be done by a beginner? The answer is, “No” it’s easy, but it will take time and patience. I’m giving a proper guideline that would be your conductor.
Tips- To research keywords, you have to think from the perspective of a random searcher. Realizing the intention of the searcher is the first step, and giving a comprehensive description that can satisfy the reader is your second step.
Tools- Use keyword tools to make your job easier. And this is a smarter way too. There are some tools that can help you to find out the user’s intent to your relevant topic. Infinite Suggest, Google Trends, Keyword Generator, Keyword Sheeter, Keyworddit are common and free tools that you can use initially.
Multi keywords and long-tail keyword- This should be a matter of concern obviously. Because long-tail keywords are much preferable for many users who try to find out the exact information they need. Many content writers do not focus on long-tail and multi keywords. But if you focus on this, you will get better results than others.
Realizing the user’s intent is considered one of the most significant parts of SEO content writing. The users try to find out the answer to the questions of their minds. Sometimes they want to acquire knowledge, sometimes want detailed info, sometimes they have commercial intent. So you have to understand the intention of the user first. Now the question is, which intent should you target? Well, it depends.
Still, according to insights from experts at TK101 Global, there is a tendency for pay-per-click (PPC) or paid search campaigns to target transactional keywords. I’m giving you some types of user’s intent that can help you with this.
1. Navigational- Navigational intention is a popular one. Lots of people want to acquire knowledge and that’s why they navigate. Your website content should answer the question of the user’s mind.
2. Informational- Information acquiring is one of the important intent of users. There are different kinds, such as quick answer, deep discussion, Broad answer, professional, scientific overview, etc. Let’s discuss this with an example.
- Quick answer- Sometimes people use keywords like “Capital of Colombia “. In this case, the user needs a quick and exact answer. Detail information will distract him.
- Deep discussion- For example, people may ask ” article 58 of CrPC Law”. In this case, it seems he’s looking for only the law. But his hidden intention might be finding an analytical overview of this law. So you have to focus on both intentions.
3. Commercial Commercial intent can be divided into two parts-
- Information about the product- For example, you want to buy a mobile phone. Then you may search ” best mobile phone 2020″ or “budget killer mobile”. Your intention is to learn about different brands of phones & reviews of them. This type of intent is very common and I think we all research like this before buying a product.
- Buying Product- Sometimes users do not only search for information about the product but want to buy products. That is called “commercial intent “.
The copyright issue is more significant than anything. But why? Well, Google’s algorithm is becoming better. And if you copy any content, Google will not rank it ever. So u need to create such an article that is creative and plagiarism free. So which qualities are essential? Let’s discuss it.
Writing an article in a unique way with different thoughts is the best strategy you can follow. You have to think out of the box. The theme that is already available on Google will not rank at all. So the theme and idea should be unique. Basically you have to develop your creativity first.
The article should contain some basic information & data. Because when a user looks for a quick answer he needs information. If your article is enriched with information then the possibility of ranking is more. But remember, do not use wrong or unnecessary information.
- Usage of Tools
There are some amazing tools that can save your time. Using tools can help you to work smarter and faster. So before writing content, just install the tools and get started!
This should be your major concern. The readability of your content should be better to rank your content. You should not use so many passive sentences. You should not use uncommon styles. People love to read easy and helpful content. So you need to focus on readability.
Well, the share option is an important part of marketing. Shareable content is more preferable for a user. And your marketing will be easier if you keep it shareable.
- Quality content
The quality of content is so important. You have to focus on grammar. Grammatical mistakes should not be done at all. Proper description is important. And spelling mistakes should not be done as well. A well researched, informative, and readable article can promulgate your business. The content should be unique and consists of new thoughts. Because people do not always want to read stereotype writing.
Comprehensive SEO Development
Only writing an article is not enough actually. Though it is the most important part, there are some other parts that play significant roles. I’m explaining some important facts that should be noticed also.
Internal link building
This integral part is often ignored. But internal link building is also significant as external link building. The internal link should be relevant and you also have to focus on contextual similarity.
External Link building
External link building is defined as the most important source of ranking power. Many surveys show that the external link hauls the ranking to reach the top. The linking domain gets benefited by it because it creates trustworthiness and popularity of it.
“The faster the better”. If the loading time of the webpage is more than 2 or 3 seconds, it will annoy the user. In that case, the user will skip it. So you will miss the chance only because of slow loading. You can follow some tips in this case :
- Use CSSNano and UglifyJS to minify your code ( (including removing spaces, commas, and other unnecessary characters)
- Reduce your redirection.
- Avoid excessively large image files.
Optimizing home page for conversation
This one is very important. If you want to write anything for business purposes then you must have to optimize your website design for conversation.
Researchers have found that more than 50% of users use mobile phones to browse websites. So if your website is not mobile phone friendly, you shall miss half of your audience. People want to browse comfortably. Make sure of their comfort.
Creating 404 pages interesting
Most of the websites do not care about the 404 pages. But by making it interesting, they can attract the audience. Some tricks that you can follow :
- Use cartoons that look funny
- Make it easy to understand by using easy sentences. Such as ” content not found! ” ops! It’s not working “, “oh dear, the link isn’t working! ” etc.
- User experience designs best practice to explain what went wrong when delivering an error message.
- Create a list containing the links of posts with the keywords that users are actually searching for.
- In the 404 page, create a search box. So that Users can use this search box and get back on any active page.
Tips for ranking top on Google
Good is nothing when better is available- The ranking is a competition. Your good article will not rank when a better one is available on Google. So you need to prepare yourself for this tough competition. To win, improve yourself daily. Improve your data, concepts gradually. Because the ranking is not constant. In spite of good writing, maybe this writing of yours may fall behind because new and better writing is coming all the time. You always have to improve yourself if you want to do well permanently. Don’t be discouraged fast because success will not come one day. A lot of hard work and pursuit can get you to your goal.
New conceptual content- Innovation is a very important issue that you must follow. Innovative ideas and thoughts are the basis of quality content. You have to write from a new concept so that the writing is more desirable to the people.
Never use blackhat tactics- Google keeps changing its algorithm periodically to adapt to changing black hat SEO techniques. Google changes its algorithm 500 times in a year. So what is effective today may be useless tomorrow. If you are looking for a fruitful SEO tactic that will not become useless or harmful over time, you should opt for white hat SEO. Even though the black hat SEO could deliver faster and better results in a short time frame, it will destroy your business’s prospects, growth, and reputation in the long run. Sooner or later, search engines will find out about the black hat practice and take action against you. The penalty will be worse and destroying.
An eye-catching content is the most important factor to rank your website. By following this tactic, you can rank your articles. Google has created a platform where a small business website can compete with a million-dollar business website. So focus on creating quality content and use this opportunity.
Check Your Website’s SEO Score
Enter the Domain or Page URL and Keyword to get an SEO report in less than a minute.
(URL Example: https://yourwebsite.com (or) https://yourwebsite.com/your-page-url/) (Keyword example type: seo company (don't type) seo company, seo agency
6 thoughts on “The Definitive Guide to Create SEO Content that Ranks”
Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Spending some time and actual
effort to make a good article… but what can I
say… I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get anything done.
Hello colleagues, pleasant piece of writing and nice urging commented at
this place, I am in fact enjoying by these.
You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something
which I think I would never understand. It seems too
complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to
get the hang of it!
Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it
but, I’d like to shoot you an e-mail. I’ve got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.
Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.
What’s Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out
loads. I hope to give a contribution & help other customers like its helped me.
Comments are closed.